Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Coasters for Christmas

I have long been an admirer of the coasters made from stamping on tile. In fact, I bought some at a craft fair that I still use years later. It took a few tries but I finally got some made that I like. The first picture is a set that I will use for a Christmas gift. The second picture shows a couple trial ones. I will be making a snowman set for a gift that I don't need until after Christmas. All stamps are Close To My Heart.

The tips I've learned are:
  • You must use Staz-on Ink
  • Bake it for 15ish minutes at 350 
  • This is the main one....the problem I kept having. When you spray it with the sealer you cannot be too close to the tile or it will run, at least the permanent ink I used to color in the hat on the snowman. I put a couple coats on and then after it was all dry I put water over it and nothing smeared so I think I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment